On April 17, 1943 more than 85 active sisters and alumnae were initiated into Beta Mu Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity. The evening of April 17, Founder's Day and the installation of Beta Mu Chapter was celebrated with a banquet in Kohl Hall. During the first year of the new chapter the highlights were:
- A formal banquet was held in the chapter house
- A sister was named business manager of the BG News.
- The fall project was an open house for service men.
- Initiated members sold mums at the Homecoming game and popcorn at other games to "swell" the fund for the redecoration of the lounge.
- Alpha Xi Delta started the custom of exchange dinners with other sororities.
- Before the year was over, the chapter sponsored the all-campus traditional Sweetheart Swing.
Through the years Beta Mu sisters have kept many traditions. We now actively participate in philanthropies for other Greek chapters and sponsor our own "Fuzzie Football" to raise money for Autism Speaks. Our members belong to campus activities, are active in honorary clubs, and support one another throughout the year.
We maintain our National Fraternity motto of Realize Your Potential and strive for high academic achievement.